Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Weekend (2/1-2/14)

My sister gave me the book Infections and Inequalities: The Modern Plagues by Paul Farmer for Christmas, which I have been reading while being here. Nearly all of the lessons that he draws from his work in Haiti apply in some way or another to Nicaragua. On Saturday, I spent the day reading and spending time with Sebastian’s family, including his brother, his sister-in-law and his niece and nephew.

On Sunday, Sebastian and I went to the beach again. We went to a beach whose name literally translates as “little rocks,” and needless to say, it was a little rocky; we had to avoid submerged stones, but it was beautiful nonetheless, especially in anticipation of returning to the weather in New England. After we returned from the beach, I was able to watch most of the Super Bowl. Peyton Manning seemed to be playing like Tom Brady in the AFC Championship: misfiring his throws and unable to get his team fired up. I tried to convince Sebastian to watch some of the Super Bowl with me, but he kept insisting that he did not know the rules. Instead, he watched a telenovela.


Sunset at Las Pinetas

No comments:

Post a Comment